Sunday, May 20, 2007

Adult Bullying

As I said on Saturday morning, adults also bully. I got bullied Saturday night on two different occasions by two different people. I was in a great mood, aiming to please and be kind and they basically just bit my head off for no reason. It irked me pretty badly, so I snapped right back at the one and I went very quiet with the other one - making it clear that nobody talks to me that way without saying a word.

Wade was not around at the time when it happened, else he would've told them to back off and I didn't tell him either. I got into a bit of victim-mode and sulked - when Wade got to me, he thought I was angry because he watched sport the whole day. He felt terrible and today he made up for it today - after I told him what had happened. He was hyper-supportive and told me that I shouldn't even be listening to other people's rubbish ramblings because it's meaningless. I agreed and straight away felt better. Today my bullies were ready to back off and eager to please!

Here's the gist: 1) Bullies hate it when you're in a good mood, but you should never let others dictate how you should feel on any given day. Bullies are generally miserable people with negative thought patterns. 2) Set your boundaries and stick to them. When you are in a good mood you're more likely to be compliant and let others push you around. 3) Have a support-structure in place - someone who makes you feel good and supports you, no matter what. Whether it be your parents or a close friend. If you don't have anyone around - I'm here for you anytime!

Here's to wishing you a great week ahead!

For those of you who have websites and want more hits - this works!!!

No comments: