Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Time doesn't heal

I'm sure people have said that to you before "Time heals all wounds" - that's completely and utterly untrue. Dr Phil says that it's not the time that heals, but what happens during the time. It's the decisions you make during the healing process.

When I realised how bullying affected my life, I did an exercise that I suggest you do too. I first thought about the times I was bullied and how they affected me - then I took a hard look at where I was emotionally and then I projected into the future and tried to imagine what I would feel like and what my life would be like in 10 years if I felt the way I did now in 10 years' time. Yes, the picture didn't look too pretty.

But I took it a step further. I tried to look at the picture in my mind of what my "perfect" situation would be like. If I was never bullied - how would my life have been like. At this point you could become negative if you think that it's impossible to achieve, but it's not.

Now think of the differences between your "bad" picture and your "good" picture. This will give you a good idea of what you need to change in order to achieve your perfect picture.

Be positive - you've got to live your life and it's your choice how you want to go about it. Nothing is going to stop people from bullying you - it's up to you how you are going to change your internal response to it.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in dealing with this.... www.adigc.com

No comments: