Wednesday, May 9, 2007

My Story

I firstly want to thank Natalie for inspiring me to finally deal with all my issues that stemmed from being bullied as a teenager. Her story has made me realise that my case was not isolated and that so many kids, especially girls get bullied. We are told how bad we are and when our parents try to step in, it often gets even worse, because bullies' parents feel that "if my little angel says you're a so-and-so, it MUST be true".

That happened to me too and after 10 years, every word they have said has been proven untrue. Unfortunately my two biggest bullies must've gone deaf and blind as they ignore me flaunting their lies to them, but hey, I couldn't care less! They were wrong, I was right and if I'm the only one who knows that, that is just fine by me.

See, parents only believe about their kids what they choose to - especially when they are not in touch with their kids - which usually is the cause of kids going off the rails, causing them to become bullies.

I really hope that my story can help at least one girl out there - I think most of our stories are very similar. Please tell me your story too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've worked on my site today and it brought up some memories that I have forgotten.My first memory dates back to age 5, when "main bully" first lied about me.My family was visiting her's when she went to her mother saying that I asked for another sweet - which I never did. I was always too shy to ask for anything and if you offered me something my standard response was "no thanks". In the years to come, she would make comments like "my parents don't want me to play with you, because you are poor." - truth is that we had food on our table every day and a roof over our heads. I never had to go without and my parents never had to look anyone in the eye for anything. Sooner or later she would be coming back to me, wanting to be friends again with big sermons about "fair weather friends" - I don't think she ever really understood the meaning of the term. I never believed that her parents said those things, however anything is possible. She often told lies and loved to show off - all the signs of lacking attention and insecurity.When you are angry and hurt and frustrated - do remember that your bully probably feels the same inside, but they don't have a loving support system like you do on which they can lean and "be themselves" around - they are under pressure to be someone they are not. I suggest you make a list of all the great people in your life and why you love them and what makes them great. Thank God for those people daily.

Anonymous said...

A very good blog. Kind effort.
Visit me at http://chocmintgirl.blogspot.com if you have time.

Thanks!